The perfect risotto requires quite some time, attention and patience. This will all be rewarded once it is done. A gorgeous combination of the best autumn flavors.
Ingredients for 4 to 6 persons
1,5 liter wild mushroom broth
A few hands of wild mushrooms (ex. chantarelles, chestnut mushrooms, oyster mushrooms and shiitakes)
3 cloves of garlic
2 stems of celery
400 gr risotto rice
1,5 dl white wine
A few branches of thyme
Lemon juice (fresh)
Grated parmesan cheese
Two hands of hazelnuts, roasted
Rocket (for serving)
Al Tartufo Oil
Cooking oil (Olive Oil Every Day)
1. Heat some oil in a big pan and fry the shallot and garlic, until the shallot is glassy. Add the risotto rice and stir with a wooden spoon. Turn up the heat, pour the white wine and keep stirring. The alcohol starts to evaporate and the rice absorbs the flavors.
2. Lower the flame, add the broth and the thyme while you keep stirring. Repeat this process until the rice has absorbed almost all of the broth. Just before you are done, add the celery, so that it will remain nice and crispy. Keep on stirring until the rice is cooked al dente.
3. Meanwhile, fry the mushrooms with salt, pepper and the lemon juice.
4. Take the risotto of the flame, add the mushrooms and add more flavor with a little salt and pepper. Stir the parmesan cheese through the risotto until the substance of the risotto is nice and creamy.
5. Serve the risotto in a soup plate and cover with the excess mushrooms, rocket, roasted hazelnuts and a nice sprout of Truffle Oil. Optional: some extra parmesan cheese on top.
Dig in and enjoy!