This tomato sauce is a real classic that can be enjoyed in many ways. This tomato sauce is therefore used in many dishes. But how do you make this?
Ingredients for 650 ml sauce:
- 3-4 tbsp Olive Oil Every Day
- 250 g small fresh tomatoes
- 500 g peeled and canned tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- possibly Al Basilico or Al Peperoncino olive oil
This is how you make it.
Heat the olive oil in a large pan and add the fresh tomatoes. Crush a few tomatoes with the back of a fork to release the juice. Then put a hand blender in the tin of tomatoes and puree the tomatoes in the tin. Then pour them into the pan. Season the tomato sauce with salt and pepper.
Allow the tomatoes to cook gently for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. For a less liquid sauce, you can cook the tomato sauce for another hour.
After cooking, season the tomato sauce with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Add 2 chopped onions at the beginning to get a fragrant sauce or add a good dash of our Al Basilico Olive Oil.
- Our Al Peperoncino Olive Oil adds extra spiciness to the sauce for those who like spicy food.